Thursday 19 November 2015

RIC Banana Republic

When I saw the current Runway Inspired Challenge photos, I knew exactly what I wanted to do! This card took a little while to do as I did it over two stages. I used the Altenew Painted Flowers (just perfect) and stamped the outline image on watercolour paper. The images were coloured with Distress inks - Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserve and Mermaid Lagoon (I really needed Wilted Willow). I purposely left some areas uncoloured so that it is the same as the photo. When dried, I fussy cut the images and didn't get around to assembling them until the next day. The sentiment and die is from Mama Elephant. BTW I visited the Banana Republic store in Champs Elysee when I was in Paris last month. While I had everything out and spare flowers, I ended up making 3 cards!






4 comments:

  1. gorgeous Cecilia Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!! Love those flowers against black background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect colouring of those flowers! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both versions of this card, and your flowers look stunning against the dark background! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...