Thursday, 19 November 2015

RIC Banana Republic

When I saw the current Runway Inspired Challenge photos, I knew exactly what I wanted to do! This card took a little while to do as I did it over two stages. I used the Altenew Painted Flowers (just perfect) and stamped the outline image on watercolour paper. The images were coloured with Distress inks - Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserve and Mermaid Lagoon (I really needed Wilted Willow). I purposely left some areas uncoloured so that it is the same as the photo. When dried, I fussy cut the images and didn't get around to assembling them until the next day. The sentiment and die is from Mama Elephant. BTW I visited the Banana Republic store in Champs Elysee when I was in Paris last month. While I had everything out and spare flowers, I ended up making 3 cards!






4 comments:

  1. beautiful!! Love those flowers against black background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect colouring of those flowers! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both versions of this card, and your flowers look stunning against the dark background! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...