Friday 6 November 2015

Purple and Poppies

This card is inspired by the photo of the current Fusion Challenge - Purple and Poppies and the current {CASE}ing Genius challenge with my friend Michelle Lupton.  I have no poppy stamp, I had to resort to just a generic flower stamp. The technique I used for the card is similar to Michelle's recent card. I stamped the flowers with Versamark on watercolour card and heat embossed with white embossing powder. The flowers and background were coloured with distress inks and water. When dried, Wink of Stella was used to highlight the flowers. I added a strip of purple glitter tape to the base before adhering the watercoloured card. I'm also adding this card to Virginia's View Challenge - All About Textures.
Just in case you follow me on Flickr, I've uploaded some photos that I took on my recent trip to Paris - the link is on the sidebar. It was my first European holiday and I had a great time. Thanks for dropping by!







7 comments:

  1. I'm so touched that you decided to CASE my card! Love your purple glitter stripe - perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cecilia! This card is beautiful! I love that glitter and your gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Cecilia! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love the touch of sparkle on the side! Thank you so much for playing with us at the Fusion Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cecilia, I love your background! I've just started experimenting with water coloring and am really inspired now to try this out myself!! Love the color combination, that sparkly tape is awesome!! Really pretty card!! Thanks for playing along with the Fusion Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! The color combination and that sparkle of purple steps up the wow factor on this card! Wonderful CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Cecilia! I love the red and purple together, plus that glitter is just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...