Saturday 25 May 2013

Paper Rose

My creative juices have been running on overdrive! I've been dying to make this card all week ever since I saw the paper piecing video by Melissa on Nicole Heady's Make It Monday. I was also waiting for my Ellen Hutson order for the Hero Arts medallion embossing folder. This arrived on Thursday and here is my creation. I'm also submitting this card to CASE study #142. I'm using Flickr for the first time to link photos on my blog. Hope it looks OK! For those wondering about my Kaisercraft DT call - I've just submitted 2 cards, 2 layouts and an OTP project last week. The projects are due in on Monday 28th, so I got them off early. The cards were very easy to do as the papers were very nice, but the layouts were a bit of a challenge, hope the judges like them! I made a series of Christmas tags for the OTP project as I figured they were easier to package and send off with the layouts. Nervously awaiting the next email! Thanks for dropping by!



A close up of the paper piecing and layers.


Ingredients:
Cardstock - Neenah Natural White, Desert Storm
Paper - Basic Grey Clippings
Stamp - Papertrey Ink Year of the Flowers - Roses Stamp set
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black
Embossing - Hero Arts Sizzix Medallion 
Others - Kaisercraft pearls

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Cecilia, love your paper piecing Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous choice of the different PP's. Good luck with your quest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just gorgeous! It reminds me of a beautiful quilt! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! You did such a great job of layering the rose! It looks perfect atop the medallion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great paper piercing! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...